"I'm Jee(sun), a software developer based in New York City, currently working at Firstborn"
The more I think about it, code and food share a lot of similarities. First, its barrier to entry is easy. Second, people often start learning how to code or cook by copying what others are doing.
But continuing down the path is more difficult. For both, the challenge comes when the 'recipe' is removed from the process. When I began writing HTML without the 'recipe', I commonly made the mistake of typing 'link src' instead of 'link href' in the head element. And when I began cooking without a recipe, it took a few times before I gained a feel for using heat effectively to cook my ingredients to the desired result.
I started this blog to showcase my experiments on coding and cooking - relying less on other people's recipes and more on my own creativity.
But most of all, I hope that this blog helps someone in some way.
To be where I am..
- 1998: Built a first website for the movie that I shouldn't have been watching at that age, Scream
- 2001: Fell in love with the USA & started begging parents to send me to the USA
- 2003: After two years of begging, parents agreed to finance my journey to/in the USA
- 2003, Summer: Arrived in Jacksonville, Florida by myself
- 2003 - 2009: Improving my English & French along the way
- 2012, Spring: Built a site using Dreamweaver in Graphic Design class at The U
- 2012, Fall: Took a class on HTML/CSS/JS in my senior year
- 2012 - 2013: Started making websites for friends and family & taking online class on web development
- 2014, Summer: Moved to NYC & started working as a junior developer at the Barbarian Group - built sites and debugged a lot of codes for our major client, Samsung
- 2015, Spring: Enrolled in Fullstack Academy of Code while working full time at TBG
- 2015, Winter: Graduated from Fullstack Academy of Code with two group projects made as both a semi-finalist and finalist at a big competition in NYC.