"I'm Jee(sun), a developer living in NYC, currently working at Firstborn"
On 'Code and Food'..
The more I think about it, code and food share a lot of similarities. First, its barrier to entry is easy. Second, people often start learning how to code or cook by copying what others are doing.
But continuing down the path is more difficult. For both, the challenge comes when the 'recipe' is removed from the process. When I began writing HTML without the 'recipe', I commonly made the mistake of typing 'link src' instead of 'link href' in the head element. When I began cooking without a recipe, it had taken a few times before I gained a feel for using heat effectively to cook my ingredients to the desired result.
I started this blog to showcase my experiments on coding and cooking - relying less on other people's recipes and more on my own creativity.
To be where I am..
- 1998: Built a first website for the movie that I shouldn't have been watching at that age, Scream
- 2001: Fell in love with the USA & started begging parents to send me to the USA
- 2003: After two years of begging, parents agreed to finance my journey to/in the USA
- 2003, Summer: Arrived in Jacksonville, Florida by myself
- 2003 – 2009: Improving my English along the way
- 2012, Fall: Took a class on HTML/CSS/JS in my senior year at The U
- 2012 – 2013: Made websites for friends and family while taking web development online class
- 2014, Spring: Developer intern at CP+B.
- 2014, Summer: Moved to NYC & started working as a developer at the Barbarian Group (TBG) - built landing pages and debugged lots of codes for TBG's biggest client, Samsung
- 2015, Spring: Enrolled in Fullstack Academy of Code while working full time at TBG
- 2015, Summer: Group Project "BetterBail" from Fullstack Academy of Code made as a semi-finalist in Robinhood Foundation-backed BlueRidge Labs incubator competition
- 2015, Winter: Group Project "Subnodes" from Fullstack Academy of Code made as a finalist in BigApps NYC 2015
- 2016 – Current: Building web based products for our clients using the latest web development at Firstborn